I have pretty normal skin but it tends to become dry as the temperature begins to drop. My skincare needs definitely change with the seasons and in the winter I look for products that keep my skin hydrated, smooth, and bright. These are my top five must have skincare products for surviving the colder weather!
1. First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser– This is a creamy cleanser that removes all my eye/face makeup while adding moisture to my skin. I love that it actually make my face feel clean without leaving a film or residue like other cream cleansers. It is also fragrance and paraben free which is a plus if you have sensitive skin.
2. Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel– This is a toner I have been using for years! It is all natural and contains rose water and aloe vera that work as moisturizers. I apply this twice a day using a cotton pad which also helps with wiping off any leftover eye makeup. For a simple liquid it is surprisingly hydrating and soothes my skin whenever it feels tight or dry.
3. Ole Henriksen African Red Tea See The Difference Serum– I love this lightweight serum because its packed with antioxidants. It has a citrus scent and instantly brightens dull skin. I mainly just apply this at night under a moisturizer and my face always looks bright and firm the next morning. Because it has so many antioxidants, I think of this as like a vitamin for my skin!
4. Jurlique Herbal Recovery Night Cream– I discovered this brand through a Popsugar Must Have Box and I am absolutely in love! It uses natural herbs and ingredients to reduce fine lines and hydrate your skin. This works wonders to moisturize any dry patches and it calms any redness if your skin gets irritated.
5. GlamGlow ThristyMud Hydrating Treatment– I could probably write a whole post on this mask alone but to sum it all up it is AMAZING! I use it as an overnight moisturizing mask at least weekly. It is pretty thick so it stay put all night and plumps up any lines on my face. Using it weekly makes me feel like I’m hitting the refreshing button for my face and making up for any times I skimped on my skincare routine for that week!
What skincare products are you loving this winter?